December 22, 2017 by Nadia E. Browne
As I sit here and write this blog post, I can’t help but reminisce about how much our RMI-Family team has accomplished for the year 2017.
- Our protocol paper “The Readiness and Motivation Interview for Families (RMI-Family) Managing Pediatric Obesity: Study Protocol” was published in BMC Health Services Research.
- We completed recruitment and enrollment for our pilot study at the Pediatric Centres for Weight and Health (PCWH) in Edmonton and Calgary (10 youth + 10 parents; total: 20 participants).
- The RMI-Family interview was revised based on our experiences during the pilot study, and feedback from our team members.
- We visited our research colleagues at the PCWH at Alberta’s Children’s Hospital in Calgary.
- Our Edmonton study site commenced enrollment for our ‘full’ study this month so we’re ending the year with a bang (hooray!).
A huge THANK-YOU to our team members. Your hard work and dedication are recognized and appreciated. I also want to take this opportunity to say THANK-YOU to the clinicians and staff at the PCWH, and everyone who has read, liked and shared our blog posts – you help to spread the word about our research.
Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!